Budget Menu & Dirt Cheap Recipes Dirt Cheap Dinners Grilled Flank Steak Sandwiches Puttanesca

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

next time flank steaks are on sale, buy one a little larger. cut off about a pound and reserve for the following recipe;-)
      Grilled Flank Steak Sandwiches Puttanesca
      1 lb beef flank steak
      1 tsp freshly ground pepper
      1/2 tsp salt
      2 14 1/2 oz cand diced tomatoes with garlic, undrained
      1/2 cup chopped pitted Kalamata olives
      1/4 cup capers, drained
      2 anchovy fillets, minced
      8 slices country Italian bread, lightly toasted
      Heat broiler. Sprinkle steak with pepper and salt.

Place on broiler pan. Broil 4 to 6 inches from heat 6 to 8 minutes for medium-rare to medium, turning once. Remove from broiler.

Cover loosely with foil. Let stand about 5 minutes. Meanwhile, in large skillet, combine tomatoes, olives, capers and anchovy fillets.

mix well. Bring to a simmer over medium heat, stirring occasionally. Simmer 5 minutes or until mixture thickens and flavors are blended.

Thinly slice steak across grain. Divide steak among 4 slices of bread. Top with tomato sauce and remaining bread.

4 sandwiches = about 390 calories

I have a flank steak in my freezer. I am going to make this with it. Thanks, friend.
      Shelly

Participant

I must be psychic! I keep posting recipes for things that you have in your freezer! LOL!:036:
      hope you enjoy it, hun-ney…

Actually, the question is “What is not in my freezer!”. lol. i just did an inventory, and it is packed!!!

we are not starving around here any time soon.
      shelly

Participant

that’s the way to do it girlfriend! living from the pantry;-)

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Budget Menu & Dirt Cheap Recipes Dirt Cheap Dinners Grilled Flank Steak Sandwiches Puttanesca