Grilled Chicken Salad with Tzatziki Sauce

Budget Menu & Dirt Cheap Recipes Camping & Outdoor Recipes Grilled Chicken Salad with Tzatziki Sauce

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author

:028:this is not a recipe for anyone that doesn’t like to cook;-) so, if this is you, move on! lol! however, if you need to make something that will impress someone or just want to make something special, this is a good recipe.

also, if you like greek food, then you’ll really want to try it! oh yeah, it’s low-cal, low-fat, and healthy! lol!

okay, you’ve been warned;-)
      grilled chicken salad with tzatziki sauce
      1 ounce and 2/3 ounce extra-virgin olive oil
      2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
      1 teaspoon oregano
      2 and ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
      1 teaspoon cracked black pepper
      4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
      1 cup nonfat plain yogurt
      2/3 cup peeled, seeded, and diced cucumbers
      ¾ teaspoon minced garlic
      2/3 ounce white vinegar
      1 ounce chopped fresh dill
      1 ½ ounces chopped fresh mint
      6 ounces shredded iceberg lettuce
      1 tomato, diced
      combine the oil (1 ounce), lemon juice, oregano, salt (¼ teaspoon), and pepper in a shallow dish; add the chicken.

refrigerate for 2-3 hours. drain and discard the marinade. grill the chicken until a thermometer inserted in the thickest portion registers 160 degrees F and the juices run clear.

refrigerate until chilled. combine the remaining ingredients, except for lettuce and tomato. process in a blender or food processor until smooth.

refrigerate until chilled. to serve, julienne the chicken and arrange on a bed of lettuce. place the tomato pieces on top.

serve with the sauce. serves 4 = 281 CALORIES

Thank you Mos, this sounds really good. I just made some yogurt! I’ll have to try it.

oh you’re welcome! I hope you like it and it should be terrific with FRESH yogurt!

I Have to try this one. I love yogurt. I guess it is time to fire up my yogurt maker.
      Shelly:-P

oh yeah! you’ll like it! it really makes an elegant salad and is just sooo good.

I impressed my ‘upper crust,’ rich in-laws from France with this a gazillion years ago. they eventually decided that I was good enough for their son and then we got divorced! LOL!

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Budget Menu & Dirt Cheap Recipes Camping & Outdoor Recipes Grilled Chicken Salad with Tzatziki Sauce