Budget Menu & Dirt Cheap Recipes Camping & Outdoor Recipes Grilled Chicken Chopped Salad

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

Grilled Chicken Chopped Salad
      2/3 cup lime vinaigrette dressing, divided
      6 small boneless skinless chicken breasts
      10-oz pkg romaine lettuce, torn
      1/2 cup frozen corn, thawed
      15-oz can black beans, rinsed
      1 avocado, chopped
      1 tomato, chopped
      1/2 cup slivered red onions
      1/2 cup shredded Mexican-4 cheese blend

Pour 1/3 cup dressing over chicken in shallow dish. Turn to evenly coat both sides of each breast. Refrigerate 30 min. to marinate.

Heat grill to medium heat. Remove chicken from marinade. Discard marinade.

Grill chicken 6 to 8 min on each side or until done.

Meanwhile, combine remaining dressing with all remaining ingredients except cheese in large bowl.

Slice chicken. Place over salad. Top with cheese. Serves 6
      balloony smilie

Sounds very good, although it does seem like an aweful lot of work when you read all the words used to discribe it.. lolBUMP98.gif

Participant

Hmmm…I thought it was pretty straight forward — marinate chicken, prepare salad ingredients, cook chicken, top salad with chicken and cheese, and serve. Please let me know how to make recipes easier. I only want to encourage members to eat healthier and save money;-D

@ToniaSpencer 952717 wrote:

Sounds very good, although it does seem like an aweful lot of work when you read all the words used to discribe it.. lolBUMP98.gif

Really? How so? You marinate chicken, grill it – and of course she specifies to throw it out because there is ALWAYS that one special person that doesn’t understand that reusing marinade that had Raw chicken in it could be a death sentence, lol.

I thought the directions were pretty simple and this seems like a quick lunch or dinner.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Budget Menu & Dirt Cheap Recipes Camping & Outdoor Recipes Grilled Chicken Chopped Salad