Greetings from Denver!

Board Rules & Regs Welcome Newbie! Greetings from Denver!

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author

Back in the 80’s, my Mom was known far and wide as “The Coupon Lady”. Every Wednesday morning (Newspaper coupon day) at 4am, armed with about $20 worth of quarters, she and my Dad would go to every newspaper stand, put in a quarter and take ALL the newspapers! Of course, it was horribly unethical and woe be to the guys and gals needing a newspaper, but MAN what that lady could do with those lil pieces of paper!

Our house looked like a grocery store: We had 2 refrigerators 2 large freezers, a pantry and 2 closets filled with row after row of toothpaste, mouthwash, deodorants, etc. and the infamous ”Soda Castle”, case after case of soda stacked about 6 feet high, sometimes as many as 7 columns.

When my friends were headed back to College after summer break, Mom would make them come “shopping” at our house! A close friend said that he didn’t pay for a single hygiene product until after he graduated. As she got better and better at it, she would actually have an audience at checkout! Her local fame got to the point where she finally had to start giving classes to the neighborhood ladies. I have personally seen her buy $1,200 worth of stuff and the store owed HER 14 bucks!

Of course, back then, all I could do was gripe about carrying all that crap in.

Now, I’m not looking to necessarily repeat what she did, but after watching some of the extreme coupon shows on TV, have realized that NOT using coupons is just plain stupid, so here I am. I have some friends who do coupons and freebies, so I’ll do my best to pass on any good stuff that comes my way. I have a LOT to learn and I know that can be annoying, so please be patient with me!

Hi pbnjfosho!

That’s AWESOME! I remember {long before the 80s} my mom would do something similar. She didn’t have the “coupon bug” as strongly as your mom, but she was certainly vigilant.

I suggest you visit a couple of my favs on here if you want to see a nice chunk of your money stay with you – the MYO (Make Your Own) and Copycat/Clone sections under Recipes. I think you will be amazed at how much you can save by taking just a few minutes to make some of these items.

Good luck and have fun!

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Board Rules & Regs Welcome Newbie! Greetings from Denver!