Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author

Green Tea Body Scrub

1 2/3 cups granulated sugar
      1/2 cup oil*
      1 tea bag (green tea leaves)
      6 to 8 drops cosmetic grade soap frangance (optional)**

Place sugar in large mixing bowl. Gradually add oil, stirring continuously to blend evenly. Tear open tea bag and add leaves, stir to blend well.

Stir in fragrance a few drops at a time, if desired, blend well.

For easy scooping with wet fingers, spoon mixture into clean, dry 12 ounce (1 1/2 cup) wide mouth container with tight fitting lid. Seal container

Cover top of container with fabric, if desired. Attach gift tag to jar with raffia or ribbon.

* Canola, light olive oil, sweet almond avocado, apricot, jojoba, macadamia, rose hip, grapeseed, sunflower or safflower oil, or a blend of the above.

**Supplies are available at national chain craft stores such as Michaels, or online from suppliers such as Welcome to Soapplace at Life of the Party

The fresh, grassy scent of green tea is naturally stimulating and refreshing, and skin will glow after you use this body scrub. The sugar in it contains glycloic acid, a natural exfoliant that leaves skin feeling soft and supple. Exfoliate during your bath or shower.

Pick up the Green Tea Body Scrub wtih the tips of you wet fingers or pour about a tablespoon into the palm of your hand. Rub gently on your skin. Rinse with warm water, then cool water.

Blot your skin dry with a soft towel. Use no more than once a week for best results.

This will be a nice gift to make for my daughters!!! Thanks!!

Your very welcome Lynn. I have to be careful not to scrub to hard, my skin gets really red. Just a soft gentle rub will do the job well.

Love the recipie, but what is cosmetic grade soap fragrance?

The fragrance can be found at any craft store. People that make homemade decrotive soaps use it. It just makes it smell good, you don’t have to use it in this recipe.

It’s an optional thing. I don’t use it, but you can if you want it to smell good.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.