- December 30, 2008 at 11:33 pm #268361
2 lb fresh green beans, stem ends trimmed
2 tsp butter
2 pkg (3.2 oz each) assorted wild mushrooms (such as Monterey Blend)
1 can (103/4 oz) condensed cream of mushroom with roasted garlic soup
1 cup milk
1/8 tsp ground red pepper
11/4 cups French fried onions (from a 6-oz can)
1. Heat oven to 350°F. Coat a 21/2- to 3-qt shallow baking dish with nonstick spray.
2. Cook beans in a large pot of lightly salted water to cover 7 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain well.
3. Melt butter in same pot. Add mushrooms and sauté over medium-high heat 5 minutes or until golden.
Remove from heat.
4. Add soup, milk and red pepper; stir until well blended. Add beans and 3/4 cup fried onions; toss to mix and coat.
Scrape into prepared baking dish and cover with a lid or foil.
5. Bake 30 minutes or until hot. Uncover, sprinkle with remaining fried onions and bake uncovered 5 minutes to crisp onions.
Planning Tip: Can be prepared through Step 4 up to 1 day ahead. Refrigerate covered. Bring to room temperature before baking
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.