- August 18, 2008 at 1:15 am #261830
Pesto Ravioli with Chicken
Prep Time:15 min
Start to Finish:30 min
2 teaspoons olive or vegetable oil
1 pound chicken breast tenders (not breaded)
3/4 cup chicken broth (from 32-oz carton)
1 package (9 oz) refrigerated cheese-filled ravioli
3 small zucchini, cut into 1/4-inch slices
1 large red bell pepper, thinly sliced
1/4 cup basil pesto
Freshly grated Parmesan cheese, if desired
1. In 12-inch skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Cook chicken
in oil about 4 minutes, turning occasionally, until brown. Remove
chicken from skillet.
2. Add broth and ravioli to skillet. Heat to boiling; reduce heat.
Cover and simmer about 4 minutes or until ravioli are tender.
3. Stir zucchini, bell pepper and chicken into ravioli. Cook over
medium-high heat about 3 minutes, stirring occasionally, until
vegetables are crisp-tender and chicken is no longer pink in center.
Toss with pesto. Sprinkle with cheese.
8 slices Italian bread, 1/2 inch thick
2 tablespoons butter or margarine, softened
1/4 cup basil pesto
1/2 lb thinly sliced cooked deli roast beef
4 slices (1 oz each) mozzarella cheese
Pasta sauce, warmed, if desired
1. Spread 1 side of each bread slice with butter. Spread 1 tablespoon
pesto on unbuttered side of 4 bread slices; place buttered sides down
in 12-inch skillet or grill pan. Top with beef, cheese and remaining
bread slices, buttered sides up.
2. Cook over medium heat 4 to 5 minutes, turning once, until bread is
crisp and cheese is melted. Serve with pasta sauce.
Tortellini, Bean and Pesto Soup
Prep Time:10 min
Start to Finish:45 min
2 tablespoons butter or margarine
1 garlic clove, finely chopped
1 medium carrot, cut into julienne strips
1 medium onion, chopped (1/2 cup)
1 medium celery stalk, chopped (1/2 cup)
6 cups water
2 teaspoons vegetable or chicken bouillon granules
1 can (19 oz) Progresso® red kidney beans, drained, rinsed
1 package (10 ounces) dried cheese-filled tortellini (2 1/2 cups)
1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
1/4 teaspoon pepper
6 tablespoons basil pesto
6 tablespoons freshly grated Parmesan cheese
1. Melt butter in 4-quart Dutch oven over medium-low heat. Cook
garlic, carrot, onion and celery in butter 10 minutes, stirring
2. Stir in water and bouillon granules. Heat to boiling; reduce heat.
Stir in beans and tortellini. Cover and simmer about 20 minutes,
stirring occasionally, until tortellini are tender.
3. Stir in parsley and pepper. Top each serving with pesto and
cheese. Serve immediately.
Grilled Pesto Chicken Packets
Prep Time:15 min
Start to Finish:40 min
4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (1 1/4 pounds)
8 roma (plum) tomatoes, cut into 1/2 inch slices
4 small zucchini, cut into 1/2-inch slices
1/2 cup basil pesto
1. Heat coals or gas grill for direct heat. Place 1 chicken breast
half, 2 sliced tomatoes and 1 sliced zucchini on one side of four
18×12-inch sheets of heavy-duty aluminum foil. Spoon 2 tablespoons
pesto over chicken mixture on each sheet.
2. Fold foil over chicken and vegetables so edges meet. Seal edges,
making tight 1/2-inch fold; fold again. Allow space on sides for
circulation and expansion.
3. Cover and grill packets 4 to 5 inches from medium heat 20 to 25
minutes or until juice of chicken is no longer pink when centers of
thickest pieces are cut. Place packets on plates. Cut large X across
top of packet; fold back foil.
Italian Pignoli Nut Cookies
Makes:About 3 dozen cookies
1 pouch sugar cookie mix
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
1 package (7 or 8 oz) almond paste
2 cups pine nuts (8 oz)
1 tablespoon powdered sugar
1. Heat oven to 350°F. Spray cookie sheets with cooking spray. In
large bowl, beat cookie mix, granulated sugar, butter, almond paste
and egg with electric mixer on low speed until soft dough forms.
2. Shape dough into 1 1/4-inch balls; roll each ball in pine nuts,
pressing to coat. Place balls 2 inches apart on cookie sheets.
3. Bake 13 to 17 minutes or just until edges are light golden brown.
Cool 5 minutes; remove from cookie sheets to cooling rack. Cool
completely, about 15 minutes. Before serving, sprinkle with powdered
Kelly in IL
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.