- June 20, 2008 at 2:18 am #258490
Cajun Grilled Fish Steaks
Prep Time:25 min
Start to Finish:25 min
1 can (7 oz) whole kernel sweet corn, drained
1 medium plum (Roma) tomato, chopped (1/3 cup)
2 medium green onions, chopped (2 tablespoons)
1 tablespoon cider vinegar
2 teaspoons honey
3/4 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper (cayenne)
1/4 teaspoon salt
4 halibut or salmon steaks (about 6 oz each)
2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
1/2 teaspoon coarse ground pepper
1/4 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
1. Heat gas or charcoal grill. In small bowl, mix relish ingredients;
2. Brush halibut with Worcestershire sauce; sprinkle with pepper and
3. Place fish on grill over medium heat. Cover grill; cook 10 to 15
minutes, turning once or twice, until fish flakes easily with fork.
Serve fish with relish.
Grilled Orange-Parsley Pork Chops
Prep Time:20 min
Start to Finish:20 min
1/4 cup finely chopped fresh parsley
1 tablespoon grated orange peel
1 clove garlic, finely chopped
2 tablespoons butter or margarine, softened
1 teaspoon olive or vegetable oil
4 pork boneless loin chops, 1/2 to 3/4 inch thick
1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
1/2 teaspoon dried marjoram leaves
1/4 teaspoon coarse ground pepper
1. Heat closed medium-size contact grill for 5 minutes. In small
bowl, mix parsley, orange peel, garlic and butter; set aside.
2. Brush oil on pork chops; sprinkle with seasoned salt, marjoram and
pepper. Place pork on grill. Close grill. Grill 5 to 7 minutes or
until pork is no longer pink in center. To serve, top each pork chop
with parsley mixture.
Grilled Peppercorn T-Bones
Prep Time:25 min
Start to Finish:25 min
6 beef T-bone steaks, 1 inch thick (about 1 1/2 pounds)
3 cloves garlic, cut in half
1 1/2 tablespoons black peppercorns, crushed
1/3 cup butter or margarine, softened
1 1/2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
3/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
1/4 teaspoon lime juice
Salt and pepper, if desired
1. Heat coals or gas grill for direct heat. Trim fat on beef steaks
to 1/4-inch thickness. Rub garlic on beef. Press peppercorns into
beef. In small bowl, mix remaining ingredients except salt and
pepper; set aside.
2. Cover and grill beef 4 to 5 inches from medium heat 10 to 14
minutes or until of desired doneness, turning once. Sprinkle with
salt and pepper. Serve with butter mixture.
Grilled Picnic Taco Nachos
Prep Time:15 min
Start to Finish:15 min
5 cups tortilla chips
1 can (15 oz) black beans, drained, rinsed and mashed
1 can (4.5 oz) chopped green chiles, drained
2 teaspoons taco seasoning mix (from 1-oz package)
2 plum (Roma) tomatoes, chopped
2 medium green onions, sliced (2 tablespoons)
2 cups finely shredded Colby-Monterey Jack cheese blend (8 oz)
1. Heat gas or charcoal grill. Spray 12×18-inch foil pan with cooking
spray. Spread tortilla chips in pan.
2. In medium bowl, mix beans, chiles and taco seasoning mix; spoon
evenly over tortilla chips. Top with tomatoes and onions. Sprinkle
with cheese. Cover pan with foil.
3. Place foil pan on grill over medium heat. Cover grill; cook 8 to
10 minutes or until cheese is melted. Carefully remove foil.
Brownie Goody Bars
Prep Time:30 min
Start to Finish:3 hr
1 box (1 lb 6.5 oz) brownie mix
Water, vegetable oil and eggs called for on brownie mix box
1 container (1 lb) vanilla frosting
3/4 cup salted peanuts, coarsely chopped
3 cups crisp rice cereal
1 cup creamy peanut butter
1 bag (12 oz) semisweet chocolate chips (2 cups)
1. Heat oven to 350°F. Grease bottom only of 13×9-inch pan with
cooking spray or shortening. (For easier cutting, line pan with foil,
then grease foil on bottom only of pan.)
2. Make and bake brownies as directed on box for 13×9-inch pan, using
water, oil and eggs. Cool completely, about 1 hour.
3. Frost brownies with frosting. Sprinkle with peanuts; refrigerate
while making cereal mixture.
4. Measure cereal into large bowl; set aside. In 1-quart saucepan,
melt peanut butter and chocolate chips over low heat, stirring
constantly. Pour over cereal in bowl, stirring until evenly coated.
Spread over frosted brownies. Cool completely before cutting, about 1
hour. For bars, cut into 6 rows by 4 rows. Store tightly covered at
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.