- This topic has 2 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated July 31, 2015 at 12:29 pm by .
- December 6, 2011 at 11:01 pm #301177
2 c oats
3/4 c wheat germ
3/4 c sunflower seeds
1 c peanuts, crushed
2/3 c brown sugar
1/2 c honey
4 tbl butter
2 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 tsp salt
8 oz dried fruit (ie: crasins, raisins, etc)
• Mix peanuts, oats, wheat germ and sunflower seeds in baking dish- toast them in oven for 10-12 minutes, stirring every few minutes
• Line a 11×13 pan with wax paper sprayed with nonstick spray (make the wax paper longer than the pan so you can fold it over and use it to press the bars into pan)
• Put brown sugar, honey, butter, vanilla and salt in sauce pan and bring to simmer, stiring constantly
• Mix the two together very well and spread and press firmly in pan using extra wax paper
• Cool and cut by pressing knife into bars
- July 30, 2015 at 3:25 pm #461810
looks like another good recipie, I just joined the board a few minutes ago and I am already gathering recipes to try
- July 30, 2015 at 9:36 pm #461824
Welcome to the group MaryMary! I think that you’ll like it here;-D
- July 31, 2015 at 12:29 pm #461829
already do thank you so much it’s such a large comprehensive board that offers so many different topics that a person can’t get bored that’s for sure!!
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.