Grandma Belle’s Cranberry Salad

Holidays & Special Occasions Thanksgiving Grandma Belle’s Cranberry Salad

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author

There are several cranberry dishes already on here, but, none are like this one….

1 bag fresh cranberries (if you find them on sale, but extra, they freeze well and work just as well after they are frozen!!)
      1 apple, cored-pick your favorite kind!!
      1-2 stalks of celery
      1-2 carrots
      1 large box of red jello, again, your favorite flavor!
      Sugar to taste; usually 1/2-1 cup depending on how tart you like

Make jello according to package directions and place in refrigerator to start setting.
      When jello starting to thicken, but not yet completely set, start the next part….
      Wash all of the produce, pat dry.
      (We always use an old fashioned hand grinder, like Grandma used, but, a food processor will do the same thing!)
      Add all of the ingredients to the grinder (food processor), being careful not to make pulp, you just want to chop being able to recognize the pieces when you look at it!
      When chopping completed, place ingredients in a medium bowl and add the sugar, a little at a time to adjust the taste to your liking. Set aside.
      Remove jello from refrigerator and mix with remaining ingredients!!
      Place in pretty serving bowl, return to refrigerator to finish setting jello, serve and enjoy!!!! (I generally use a clear pedestal type bowl as this is so pretty and always reminds me of my Grandma!!!
      Enjoy!! 1heartjar smilie

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Holidays & Special Occasions Thanksgiving Grandma Belle’s Cranberry Salad