- April 17, 2008 at 5:09 am #257296
Asian Chicken Roll-Ups
Prep Time:15 minStart to Finish:15 min
2 tablespoons crunchy peanut butter2 tablespoons teriyaki baste and glaze (from 12-oz bottle)
1 tablespoon packed brown sugar
1 tablespoon hot water1 teaspoon sesame or canola oil
4 Old El Paso flour tortillas for burritos (8 inch; from 11.5-oz
package)8 slices (1 oz each) deli cooked chicken breast
1 1/2 cups shredded iceberg lettuce
1 1/2 cups shredded carrots1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
1. In small bowl, beat peanut butter, teriyaki baste and glaze, brown
sugar, water and oil with wire whisk until smooth.2. Spread about 1 1/2 tablespoons peanut butter mixture over each
tortilla. Top each with 2 slices chicken, about 1/3 cup lettuce,
about 1/3 cup carrots and 2 tablespoons cilantro. Roll up tortillas.
Caesar Salad Wraps Prep Time:15 min
Start to Finish:15 min
Makes:4 wraps16 small romaine leaves, torn into bite-size pieces
1/4 cup chopped red onion
2 tablespoons shredded Parmesan or Romano cheese1/4 cup Caesar dressing
4 garden vegetable-flavored or plain flour tortillas, 6 to 8 inches
in diameter4 hard-cooked egg, sliced
2 roma (plum) tomatoes, sliced
1. Toss romaine, onion, cheese and dressing to coat.2. Spread romaine mixture evenly down center of each tortilla. Top
with eggs and tomatoes.
3. Fold up one end of tortilla about 1 inch over filling; fold rightand left sides over folded end, overlapping. Secure with toothpick if
necessary. Serve immediately.
Refried Bean Roll-Ups
Prep Time:10 minStart to Finish:15 min
1 can (16 ounces) Old El Paso refried beans1/2 cup Old El Paso salsa (any variety)
1/2 teaspoon chili powder
8 Old El Paso flour tortillas (8 inches in diameter)1 cup shredded lettuce
1/2 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese (2 ounces)
1. Mix beans, salsa and chili powder in 1-quart saucepan. Heat overmedium heat about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until warm.
2. Spoon about 1/4 cup of the bean mixture onto center of each
tortilla; spread slightly. Top with lettuce and cheese. Fold oversides and ends of tortillas. Serve with additional salsa if desired.
Ham and Cheese Tortilla Roll-Ups
Prep Time:10 min
Start to Finish:10 minMakes:5 servings
1 1/2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese (6 ounces)
1/4 cup mayonnaise or salad dressing1/4 cup sour cream
1 can (11 ounces) Green Giant Niblets vacuum-packed whole kernel corn
or Mexicorn whole kernel corn with red and green peppers, drained10 Old El Paso® flour tortillas (6 inches in diameter)
10 slices (1 ounce each) deli fully cooked ham
Cilantro sprig, if desired1. Mix cheese, mayonnaise, sour cream and corn.
2. Top each tortilla with 1 slice ham. Spread 2 tablespoons corn
mixture over ham. Top with cilantro. Roll up.
- December 31, 2018 at 1:25 pm #465176LissKeymasterThanks for sharing, These are great ideas for quick lunches during the week. The caesar salad wraps sound delicious!
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.