Gourmet mixes?????

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      DonnaMcGuire

Hi! I’m new here and had a question for you budget savvy folks! So, I purchased some “gourmet” dessert mixes at a craft fair that you combine with a package of cream cheese and a tub of Cool Whip.

The mix to be added was relatively expensive when I considered that the ingredients were sweetener, gelatin and natural flavorings. It was delicious and I would like to make my own mix. Does anyone know if the mix is really just Jello?

or is it something else?

FreebieQueen

We have purchased 3 different “flavors” in the last few years and Yes, it’s Just Jello. They even try to “rewrite” the ingredients to hide the fact that its just jello, but I suggest you try one and see for yourself.

DonnaMcGuire

Thanks for your reply FreebieQueen! The ingredients on my gourmet mix label are: Maltodextrin, gelatin, Splenda, Natural Flavoring and Color. It has a net weight of 10 grams. You are supposed to dissolve the contents of the gourmet mix with cream cheese and then fold in Cool Whip.

Do I just “dissolve” the Jello into the cream cheese? Have you tried substituting Jello before? Thanks for your help 🙂

Liss

soften the cream cheese, then throw it in the mixer and sprinkle the jello over the top, then blend well. Then FOLD in the cool whip, if you Mix it with beaters, it will liquify. I’ve had a Lime blend, but it seems like we added a tablespoon or so of powdered sugar, it was fantastic with sugar cookies and chunks of cut fruit.

DonnaMcGuire

Thanks Liss! I am eager to try a sugar free lemon jello and see if it is similar to their “lemon chiffon” mix at $6 a pouch! money1 smilie

celticmaiden

This sounds good. anyone have a recipe to go with the thread? I would like it if you do.

DonnaMcGuire

I will let you know what I come up with after I experiment celticmailden

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.