- This topic has 1 reply, 3 voices, and was last updated February 3, 2016 at 9:50 am by .
- June 4, 2015 at 8:56 pm #357435Dorisking3
Here’s a neat way to repurpose and upcycle leftover cardboard Toilet paper rolls and paper towel rolls. Here’s how I plan to make mine. Spray paint them whatever color you want, then cut them into 3/4″ strips.
Flatten each piece and form them into flower shapes with 5-6 petals each. You could glue a button in the middle of each flower for the center if you wanted to.I plan to use hot glue for mine, I keep seeing these all over my pinterest feed and I really love the look of them. To make the curly petals just cut a 3/4″ strip like the rest and instead of folding it flat to form a petal, cut it and wrap it partially around a pencil to give it some curve before gluing it to the flower.
as i said, i got this off pinterest here.
I think the background would be really nice if you used reclaimed pallet wood to, but it would have to be sanded down smooth and maybe even chalk painted.
Has anyone else here ever done this before?? Do you have any pictures you could share?
Attachments:You must be logged in to view attached files.
- August 5, 2015 at 2:32 pm #461870TSlu1Wow, this is gorgeous! I would love to make this!
- February 3, 2016 at 9:50 am #462845sarvesh
Wow, it’s really cool thing to make. I will try this in my bedroom with the pink color in the background wood. Do you think it is good gift for valentine too?
I am thinking to gift this to my girlfriend.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.