Good Morning! Wedding Plans needed!

Budget101 Discussion List Archives Budget101 Discussion List Good Morning! Wedding Plans needed!

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author

Great Ideas Lisa. My wedding too was done ourselves. It was beautiful and our

only cost was clothing, dresses for bride, bridesmaid and flower girl on sale

and the ones we asked to be groomsmen and ushers we asked if they would be

willing to pay 1/2 the rental cost and with a special deal with the rental place

you can get if you go in early enough we got the groom’s and ring bearer’s

rental free. And food was done buffet style with alot of use doing the platters

such as finger sandwiches, hor ders, punch and a fancy sparkling cider for

toasting. Another idea that we used is we approached other family members and

close friends and asked that instead of gifts we told them where we had our

wedding cake and flowers on order and if they could just contribute a payment

of even 5.00 here and there would help. By time the wedding came around both had

been completely paid for as gifts.

And the craft store is a great idea. We made all our own guest gifts, table

center pieces (candles and silk flowers),party favors, ect. Also go to some

place such as Party City for wedding accessories such as guest book, ring

pillow, fancy serving platters, plates and all ect. really cheap.

We all had the greatest time !!! I love the memories !!!

Good Luck !!!!!

Original Message —-

Subject: Re: Budget101.com : Good Morning! Wedding Plans needed!

We are going through this as well at my house- except being the Groom’s parents

we aren’t “obligated” as much as you are by tradition.

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Budget101 Discussion List Archives Budget101 Discussion List Good Morning! Wedding Plans needed!