- This topic has 1 reply, 1 voice, and was last updated November 2, 2008 at 11:54 pm by .
- November 2, 2008 at 11:54 pm #265824
24 frosted cupcakes
24 Nutter Butter cookies
2-3 tablespoons of white frosting or decorator’s gel
Mini chocolate chips
Fruit leather, various flavors and colors
1. To make each turkey, press the lower portion of a Nutter Butter cookie into a frosted cupcake for the bird’s head.
2. Use tiny dabs of frosting to stick on mini-chocolate chip eyes and a red fruit leather wattle.
3. For each turkey’s tail, use a butter knife to cut out a dozen feather shapes (about 3 inches long and 1 inch wide) from fruit leather.
4. Lay 6 of the feather shapes on a flat surface and place a wooden toothpick lengthwise atop each so that one end of the toothpick extends about an inch below the feather. Layer another fruit leather feather layer atop each of the 6 shapes, sandwiching the toothpicks between them.
5. Press the 2 layers together to make them stick, then fringe the edges of the feather with a butter knife. Now your child can stick the colored feathers into the cupcake behind the cookie head.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.