• This topic is empty.
Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

First off, I’ve never like eggnog, in fact, I’d go so far as to say I actually hate it!! My spouse, on the other hand, loves it, which is why I had some in the fridge. All that aside, maybe it’s the combination of the eggnog, butter, and spices working together, I couldn’t say, but this bread was ahhhh-maaaazing!!

It would be perfect for Christmas morning breakfast (or anytime.. like right now!).

glazed eggnog bread budget101

Glazed Eggnog Bread

2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
      2 teaspoons baking powder
      1/2 teaspoon salt
      1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
      1 (3.4 oz) box instant vanilla pudding mix (any brand)
      1 stick (1/2 c) butter, softened, not not melted
      2 large eggs, room temperature
      1 cup sugar
      1 teaspoon vanilla extract
      1 teaspoon rum extract
      1 1/2 cups eggnog, room temperature

GLAZE:
      1 cup confectioners sugar
      1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
      pinch salt
      1/4 teaspoon butter extract
      2 tablespoons eggnog

You’ll want all of your ingredients to be room temperature or your cooking time will increase by about 10-15 minutes.

Preheat oven to 350° F. Grease and flour a 9×5 loaf pan and set aside.

In a mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, salt, allspice, and dry pudding mix. Set aside.

In a separate large mixing bowl, beat together on low speed of a mixer the butter, eggs, sugar, vanilla, rum extract, and eggnog for 2-3 minutes.

Add the dry ingredients, gradually to the wet mixture, beating with a stand or hand mixer, just until each addition is moistened. Pour into loaf pan and let it spread out evenly.

Bake for 60-65 minutes, or until the center tests done with a wooden toothpick. Do not test until at least 60 minutes has passed.

Cool for 15 minutes in the pan set on a wire cooling rack.

While bread is cooling, combine all the Glaze ingredients together in a bowl, mixing until smooth.

After 15 minutes, use a spatula or butterknife loosen the bread from the sides of the pan and transfer it to a cooling rack. Cool completely before glazing.

Attachments:
      You must be logged in to view attached files.
Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.