This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by mos March 23, 2019 at 10:53 pm.

• Author

mos
    Participant

Ginger Salmon

2 tbs Ponzu sauce
    2 tbs toasted sesame oil
    2 tbs ginger syrup
    1 lb salmon filet
    3​ cups hot cooked rice, such as Jasmine, to serve

Preheat the oven to 500°. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper or aluminum foil, and spray with nonstick cooking spray.
    In a container or dish large enough to hold the salmon combine the Ponzu sauce, sesame oil, and ginger syrup, and stir to combine. Place the salmon in the marinade, turn to coat well, and marinate at room temperature for 15 to 20 min, skin side up if the salmon has skin on it.
    Roast the salmon for about 10 min, until it is cooked through and the top has a nice brown sheen. Serve hot, over rice. Serves 2-4
    :Sandwich:

My wife and I are lovers of salmon and eat it regularly. For me I use my tweeked Cajun spice mix to blacken it a bit.

But this recipe has caught my eye and will give it a try, it has all the flavors I like. The Ponzu sauce if I cant find it bottled, I will find a recipe and make my own.

Thanks MOS

mos
    Participant

Hey Grumpster! Kikkoman makes it, as well as others, and you should be able to find it with the other Japanese bottled sauces. My Food Lion has a pretty decent Japanese section so your favorite store may carry it;-D Hope you and your wife enjoy this!

Thanks for the info MOS I am going to cook this dish tomorrow and I will let you know how it turns out thks again

mos
    Participant

Hmmm..Grumpster…it’s been two days! …Giggle… Did it work for you and your wife?

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login Register