- This topic has 1 reply, 3 voices, and was last updated November 18, 2013 at 8:13 am by .
- August 28, 2008 at 9:15 am #262157
These make the loveliest additions to gift baskets or get well baskets… they are sooo yummy! :055:
2 cups sugar
2 cups whipping cream
1 cup light corn syrup
1 tablespoon fresh, finely grated ginger
Line an 8 x 8-inch pan with foil; spray with nonstick cooking spray.
Place all ingredients in Dutch oven or heavy large saucepan. Bring to
boil over medium heat, stirring frequently. Insert candy thermometer
into mixture and attach to side of Dutch oven.
frequently, till thermometer reads 230F. At this point, it is
important to watch the mixture carefully. Begin stirring constantly
until thermometer registers 245F (firm-ball stage).
mixture into pan. Do not scrape Dutch oven. Let stand 6 – 8 hours till
cool and set.
Remove from pan by lifting foil. Remove foil. With large
knife, cut caramel into 64 pieces.
Wrap each piece individually.
- August 28, 2008 at 11:52 am #398038
These sound so wonderful!! Do you have to refrigerate them after they are wrapped???
- November 18, 2013 at 8:13 am #445186
Yummy!! I think I gained 10 pounds just reading it!! 😉
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.