- This topic has 1 reply, 1 voice, and was last updated December 13, 2006 at 1:37 pm by .
- December 13, 2006 at 1:37 pm #250799Guest
Mix for Jar:
2 cups flour1-1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt1 cup brown sugar
1 cup raisins
1/2 cup chopped walnutsLayering dry mix: Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and
salt. Put this mixture into a 1-qt. jar.
Pack down firmly. Layer
brown sugar, raisins and walnuts, packing down firmly after each
addition. Attach recipe:
Apple Butter Bread1 jar bread mix
1-1/2 cups apple butter, divided
1/2 cup apple juice1/4 cup butter or margarine, melted
1 egg, beaten
1. Preheat oven to 350. Grease and flour bottom and sides of a 9x5x2-
3/4-inch loaf pan.2. Combine 3/4 cup of apple butter, apple juice, melted butter and
beaten egg in a large bowl. Add the apple butter bread jar mix.
3. Pour half of the batter into prepared pan. Spread remaining 3/4
cup apple butter over batter.Gently pour remaining batter over
4. Bake for 65-75 minutes or until top springs back when lightly
touched in center.
5. Cool in pan for 15 minutes on wire rack. Remove bread from pan
and continue cooling on wire rack.6. Wrap tightly. Store in refrigerator.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.