Budget101 Discussion List Archives Gardening & Landscaping Getting rid of poison ivy

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

Hi,

My next door neighbour refuses to cut their trees due to cost and work involved, this is very annoying as leaves fall in my drive, tree sap on my car and the roots are pushing up my paving slabs.

His tree is totally covered in poison ivy which is a problem.

I’m thinking of sneaking over and cutting the poison ivy off myself or banging a couple of copper nails into the tree. Can anyone tell me if this will kill the poison ivy as well?

If not, what would be the best way to get rid of the poison ivy?

thx

Keymaster

@largeinnit 121998 wrote:

Hi,

My next door neighbour refuses to cut their trees due to cost and work involved, this is very annoying as leaves fall in my drive, tree sap on my car and the roots are pushing up my paving slabs.

His tree is totally covered in poison ivy which is a problem.

I’m thinking of sneaking over and cutting the poison ivy off myself or banging a couple of copper nails into the tree. Can anyone tell me if this will kill the poison ivy as well?

If not, what would be the best way to get rid of the poison ivy?

thx

Banging Copper nails into the tree will most definitely KILL the tree, but it will not have any effect whatsoever on the poison ivy.

My bil takes a small hatchet and chops the poison ivy at the ground. its the only way i have seen work.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Budget101 Discussion List Archives Gardening & Landscaping Getting rid of poison ivy