Budget101 Discussion List Archives Budget101 Discussion List Getting Into The Christmas Spirit

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author

Some quick tips I wrote up last year on how to get into the Christmas spirit- for those who want to, anyway. 😉 enjoy! Christmas Spirit Christmas is coming.

Let’s face it, we can’t stop it, and we can’t slow it down. It’s being pulled at top speed towards us with a steam engine run by elves. Every store you shop at has aisles of Christmas decorations, candies, and gifts.

Towns and shopping centers are already putting up the Christmas lights. Give it another week, and individual houses will be doing the same. Yesterday, I saw a car with two Christmas tree’s strapped to the roof.

Yes, Christmas is
      coming, quickly. But what if you just are not “in the mood” yet? Well, here are some idea’s on how to set the mood in your house.

These can be used all season long, during parties, while putting out the decorations, and much more. First, put on some Christmas music. If you don’t have any (and really, most people don’t), then find some- online, at the grocery store, at Good Will, heck, I bought a Christmas CD yesterday for $.49 at the gas station!

Ask friends for copies of any CD’s they might have, and burn a copy for yourself. Once the music is playing, light some candles- pine scent, peppermint, or apples & cinnamon are all great winter scents. Spread them through out the house to spread the scent further.

The Dollar
      Tree has fantastic scents for $1 per jar, or votive candles at 4/$1. Next, bake something. It can be a loaf of bread, muffins, cookies, or heck, even cinnamon rolls.

The scent of baked goods will fill the house, and it will just feel good. Not to mention getting to eat the goodies. 😉 Add to the whole set up amug of hot cocoa, and if you like peppermint, stir it with a candy cane.

Now, you’ll really be in the mood for Christmas.

Never miss a thing. Make Yahoo your homepage.

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Budget101 Discussion List Archives Budget101 Discussion List Getting Into The Christmas Spirit