Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author

Getting Rid Of Animal Fleas After bathing and drying your dog/cat, rub some Skin-so-soft bath oil (Avon) thouroughly through the animals coat, including ears, head and paws. This will kill the fleas, moisten the animal’s skin and give the coat a healthy shine. This is great for short haired animals!

I have kitties ~
      Is there any reaction to the oil after they have bathed themselves? The oil will not bother them if they ingest it?

JoAnn

It may work for the dog, but I’m concerned about my wool area rugs that she lays on and rolls all over on, sure wouldn’t want my living room rug to have oil rubbed into it. Have you done this with an indoor dog?

Dad used it on his indoor dog.. But the dog knew her place also. Thinking about this she wasn’t on the 3 carpeted rooms.

I used to sell AVON and it was never recommended to put it on cats, because of the fact that they lick themselves. I’ve used it on my dog and it works, but if you want to use it on a cat I would ask your vet 1st just to be sure.

Thanks so much for this info. I have a short haired jack russel with very dry skin and have had to buy the expensive oatmeal shampoo for him. Will try this next time he gets a bath.

I love Skin-So-Soft. It’s also good as a mosquito repellent. My son is horribly allergic and swells like a balloon when he gets bit.

Listerine works too, but skin-so-soft smells better 😉

@dyankee1995 112849 wrote:

I used to sell AVON and it was never recommended to put it on cats, because of the fact that they lick themselves. I’ve used it on my dog and it works, but if you want to use it on a cat I would ask your vet 1st just to be sure.

Thank-You for correcting this sorry, a friend told me about the cats. I know that it works very well on dogs…Again so sorry.. I’ll have to remember to only post on true things that I have experiences with.

:dash1:

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.