- This topic has 1 reply, 1 voice, and was last updated September 17, 2009 at 2:07 am by .
- September 17, 2009 at 2:07 am #276474
German Brownie Torte
Active: 30 min
Total: 1 hr (plus at least 2 hr chillin g)
1 1/2 cups (5 oz) sweetened flaked coconut
1 1/2 cups (6 oz) chopped pecans
1/2 cup firmly packed light-brown sugar
1/2 stick (4 Tbsp) butter, melted
1 box (21 oz) Family- Style Chewy Fudge Brownies mix
2 cups heavy (whipping) cream 1/3 cup confectioners’ sugar
1. Heat oven to 350ºF. Line a 15 x 10-in. rimmed baking sheet with heavy-duty foil, letting foil extend above pan on both ends. Coat with nonstick spray.
2. Mix coconut, pecans, brown sugar and butter in a bowl until well blended; set aside. Prepare brownie mix as package directs for cake-like brownies. Pour batter into prepared pan, spreading evenly. Top with coconut mixture.
3. Bake 25 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center of cake comes out clean. Cool in pan on a wire rack.
4. Lift foil by ends onto a cutting board. Cut brownie crosswise in thirds. Beat cream and confectioners’ sugar in a bowl with mixer on medium-high speed until moist, stiff peaks form when beaters are lifted.
5. To assemble: Place 1 brownie layer, nut side up, on a serving platter. Spread top with 1 cup whipped cream. Repeat with remaining layers and cream, ending with cake. Frost sides with remaining cream. Refrigerate at least 2 hours.
6. To serve: Cut with a serrated knife in 1-in. slices; cut each slice in half.
Per serving: 400 cal, 4 g pro, 37 g car, 2 g fiber, 28 g fat (11 g sat fat), 71 mg chol, 176 mg sod
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.