- This topic is empty.
- July 24, 2021 at 8:50 am #599825mos
Do you like cauliflower? I love cauliflower, but then I never met a vegetable that I didn’t like;-) A lot of people I know don’t like cauliflower, saying that it’s too bland. My thinking is that they just aren’t using their imaginations in the kitchen with this versatile vegetable. My DEXH would roll his eyes whenever I mentioned serving cauliflower. Then one evening, I served up roasted smoked sausage, cauliflower, and potatoes. That got his attention and HE started thinking of ways to dress up this forgotten vegetable.
Oprah Winfrey, when she bought WW, probably made the cauliflower popular again with all of the different ways to substitute it for ingredients like rice, potatoes, pizza crust, etc. Researching ways to prepare cauliflower so I can keep meals interesting, I came across General Tso’s Cauliflower. How fabulous is that? I make General Tso’s Chicken whenever I have a taste for it, so surely the recipe would work. I’m happy to say that it did.
General Tsos Cauliflower4 cups cauliflower florets
1 pkt Shake n’ Bake, any flavor or use generic/homemade
1/2 cup Asian sesame dressing
4 green onions, sliced, divided
juice from 1 orange
1/4 cup ketchup
1/2 tsp sriracha
1/4 cup dry roasted peanuts, chopped
1. Heat oven to 450°.
2. Cut cauliflower into small florets. Beat egg in a small bowl. 3. Pour pkt into a large baggie. Dip cauliflower florets, in small batches, into egg, turning to evenly coat all sides of each floret. 4. Add cauliflower to baggie and shake, making sure to coat all surfaces.
5. Prepare a rimmed baking pan with cooking spray. Spread the cauliflower and bake 17 to 20 min or until tender and golden brown.
6. Heat the dressing in large skillet on medium heat. Add half the onions, cook and stir 1 to 2 min or until tender. Stir in orange juice and ketchup. Add sriracha and bring to boil. Reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer 1 min, while stirring. Remove from heat.
7. Using a spatula, push cauliflower into medium bowl. Add dressing mixture. Mix lightly and sprinkle with nuts and remaining onions. Serves 4
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.