- May 31, 2012 at 7:15 pm #306415
Garlic Lime Fajitas
1 pkg ‘Garlic Lime Fajitas Mix’
1/4 cup lime juice
1/4 cup orange juice
2 tbsp evoo
1 1/2 lbs meat of choice-(shrimp, chicken, beef)
*thinly slice chicken or beef*
2 medium bell peppers-sliced
2 medium onions-sliced
2 small to medium fresh tomatoes-cored and sliced
1. Mix juices, oil, and spice mix in a gallon sized zip top bag; reserving 1/4 cup. Place meat into bag; squish around and turn several times to coat well. Refrigerate several hours.
2. Cook and stir meat in a heavy bottomed skillet on med high heat for approx 5 minutes. Remove from skillet. Add veggies and reserved marinade; cook and stir 5 minutes or until crisp tender. Return meat to skillet; stir and cook for another 5 minutes.
3. Serve with rice, refried beans and pico de galla or salsa.
*Left overs can be used for quesadillas, burritos, enchiladas, stuffed peppers, or tacos.
- June 2, 2012 at 12:32 am #431975
I forgot to add the 2 tbsp honey I used in the marinade. I gotta say, these things are tasty. 🙂
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.