Budget Menu & Dirt Cheap Recipes Dirt Cheap Dinners Garlic-Lime Chicken Drumettes with Chipotle Mayonnaise

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

this uses one of those big bags or drumettes that you find in the freezer section. prepare the chicken, portion it up in dinner portions and freeze for future use.

prepare the mayonnaise for dipping when ready to use the chicken;-) so depending on how many your family will eat in a sitting, you may have one to six meals;-)
      Garlic-Lime Chicken Drumettes with Chipotle Mayonnaise
      Chicken and Marinade
      6 garlic cloves, minced
      2 tsp grated lime peel (optional)
      2 tsp coarst salt
      2 tsp dried oregano
      2 tsp cumin seeds, toasted and crushed (or 1 tsp cumin powder)
      1/2 cup lime juice
      1/3 cup olive oil
      24 drumettes or party wings
      Mayonnaise
      1 cup mayonnaise
      1/2 cup light sour cream
      1 tbs Dijon mustard
      2 to 3 chipotle chiles in adobo sauce, drained, finely chopped*
      1 tbs adobo sauce*
      Place garlic, grated lime peel, salt, oregano, crushed cumin seeds, lime juice and oil in nonreactive shallow pan large enough to hold chicken in one layer.

Add chicken. Turn to coat completely with marinade. Cover and refrigerate at least 2 hours or up to 4 hours.

Combine all mayonnaise ingredients in small bowl. Refrigerate 30 minutes. Heat grill or broiler.

Remove chicken from marinade. Discard marinade. Grill chicken over medium heat or coals, or broil on preheated broiler pan 12 to 14 minutes or until browned and juices run clear, turning once.

Serve with mayonnaise. Carrots and celery sticks on the side…yum!
      *not everyone likes spicy or keeps chipotle in the pantry. if this is you, then substitute with your favorite hot sauce or honey and leave the chiles to us with the iron gut

Yum Yum Yum ~ my mouth is watering

Oh my gosh this sounds so yummy! My sister-in-law is having a Christmas party and we are all supposed to bring finger foods, maybe I’ll try this!

Participant

if you do…everyone will want to know the recipe! LOL!

This sounds so yummy. Good dish for me but DH is having stomach issues. The Dr’s are frantically trying to find out why.

Next week he is having his throat cat scanned. We could fix this & then freeze it & then I could have it when I wanted. Thanks for the recipe.

Mos,
      am putting this on my list for Jan menus .. I have chipotle powder so will play with it for flavor, and use whatever I have for chicken (probably thighs)

Ria

Participant

DD fixes this then later in the week she’ll make flat-bread sandwiches smeared with the leftover mayo;-)

Now that really sounds good –Left Overs…

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Budget Menu & Dirt Cheap Recipes Dirt Cheap Dinners Garlic-Lime Chicken Drumettes with Chipotle Mayonnaise