Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
      Jennifer Green
      Participant

This is a ‘baked’ Fried chicken recipe I use often. You can use either wings or larger pieces of cut up chicken, such as thighs and drums. (Breasts I would cut in half for even cooking)

Original Recipe-
      Recipe:
      Up to 5 lbs of wings or cut-up chicken portions
      Salt and Pepper (dash of each – to taste)
      1-3 Tbsp Franks Red Hot Sauce (You can use other brands easily)
      2-3 Tbsp Oil
      1c flour

Sauce:
      2 tsp Garlic (2 Cloves)
      2 tsp Ginger
      2 Tbsp Sambal hot sauce
      1/2 c vinegar
      1/2 c brown sugar
      splash soy sauce
      pinch pepper flakes

2 Tbsp Sambal hot sauce

( Since I don’t buy Sambal — For this, I substitute 2 Tbsp spaghetti sauce with a dash of normal cayenne hot sauce.. I know, not the same, but it still turns out yummy.)

Prepare your wings by trimming off the tips and cutting the drum and flat apart at the joint.

In a large bowl, put your Chicken wings (or pieces) in, then drizzle over 2-3 Tbsp of oil (something neutral in flavour) Salt and Pepper to taste and your 1-3 Tbsp’s of Hot sauce.

Mix and coat well.

Dredge pieces in flour. (Easiest way: Put flour in a zip lock, add the chicken and shake.)

Place on an oiled baking sheet (Parchment paper works awesome here.)
      Preheat oven to 400.

Bake at 400 for half hour, then turn over, and bake for another half hour.
      (The first half hour it doesn’t look like anything close to being tasty, but believe me, it will!)

After first 30 minutes, time to make the sauce-

Add all sauce ingredients to a sauce pan, bring to a boil, adjust taste as desired then turn off.

When chicken is done, add to a metal bowl and pour sauce over to coat. You may need to toss it lightly to coat evenly. Put back on the baking sheet to cool slightly. (These suckers will be really really hot.. from the sugar in the sauce, so beware!)

Serve and enjoy.

Image: Some thighs I made using this Recipe.

Attachments:
      You must be logged in to view attached files.
Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.