Gardening

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author

The plants were 4-8 in apart. The ground here is super hard and full of calache. I used bagged soil per the book’s instruction.

I think this type of gardening would work anywhere. I had 16 zones and planted the following 1- 1 cherry tomato plant, 2- 1 beefeater tomato- 3- 1 neat heirloom tomato, 4-4 bean plants, 5- 1pineapple sage and 1 parsley, 6- 2 basil( I love pesto!!), 7- many beets, 8-many beets, 9= many carrots, 10- carrots, 11- collard greens, 12- swiss chard, 13- 2 cilantro and 1 dill, 14, 2 cucumbers and 2 peppers, 15 – 6 varieties of lettuce, 16- 4 swiss chard. I only planted things I loved and would use.

You can plant whatever you want just assign zones and if you are growing something like cucumbers then it is probably good to put them on the outside since they expand! Good Luck!

Lynne Gardner

“Be kindto one another, tender-hearted, forgiving each other, just as God in Christ also has forgiven you.”eph. 4:32

to: budget101_@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2008 19:45:33 -0700
      Subject: Budget101.com : Re:gardening

Lynne can you describe the soil you used and where you live? I am wondering how far apart were these plants and what order are they planted in. Sounds like you are successful.
      Dianna

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.