- August 14, 2009 at 3:16 pm #275153
• 2 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
• 1/4 cup unsalted butter
• 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
• 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
• 1/8 teaspoon salt
• 2 large eggs
• 1 cup sugar
• 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
• 1/2 cup apple butter
• 1/2 cup pecans, coarsely chopped
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. Line a 9-inch square baking pan with foil, allowing the foil to extend 2 inches over the rim. Spray the foil with nonstick spray.
3. Combine the chocolate and butter in a medium microwavable bowl. Microwave on high 1 minute, stirring every 15 seconds, untilt he chocolate melts and the mixture is smooth.
Combine the flour, cocoa powder and salt in a small bowl. Set both mixtures aside.
4. With an electric mixer on high speed, beat the eggs, sugar and vanilla in a large bowl until thick, 3-4 minutes. Add the chocolate mixture and apple butter, beating until blended.
Add the flour mixture, beating just until blended.
5. Scrape the batter in the baking pan and spread evenly. Sprinkle the pecans evenly over the top. Bake until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean with moist crumbs clinging to it, 18-20 minutes.
Let cool completely in the pan on a rack. Holding the foil, lift the brownies from the pan. If making ahead, wrap and freeze up to 1 month.
Let thaw at room terperature, about 2 hours. Peel of the foil and transfer the brownies to a cutting board.
Cut into 24 bars.
2 ww pts per serving
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.