Frustrated!

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author

Hi Jennifer. I don’t usually get involved in situations like this but I do understand where you are coming from. I live in Australia and my husband is also a veteran and they do seem to have a different slant on life. It doesn’t matter which country, theatre of war or age, most of them (although not all) suffer from PTSD (Post Traumatic Stress Disorder) and after living with them for a while we, the partners, also suffer from secondary PTSD. It seems to alter their thoughtprocesses and it has taken me 35 years to finally get my point of view through to him. You can’t change them, you can only change how you react to them and by doing that, they look at things differently. Do you have an organisation in your area or state that is a support group for the partners of war veterans? Can you access any counselling service for veterans and their partners? Do you have any contact
      with the partners of war veterans in your area. Sometimes it is as simple as having a laugh and a cup of coffee together that helps you get through. Knowing that you are not alone and that someone ‘out there’ knows how you feel can make a difference. With regards to the business, then I think Liss has given you some wonderful advice. Cheers Kerryn

Send instant messages to your online friends https://au.messenger.yahoo.com

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.