- March 11, 2007 at 1:54 pm #238682BiggerPiggyBankParticipant
Fruit ‘n Nut Slaw Veg CD PIC ACC Australian 15mins
Serves 4 Cold Picnic Vegetarian Accompaniment
450g/1lb Firm White Cabbage
1 small Fresh Pineapple
75g/3oz Chopped Walnuts
1 Dessert Apple
For the dressing
60ml/ 2fl.oz. Mayonnaise
120ml/4 fl.oz. Natural Yoghurt
2 teasp Runny Honey
Orange juice to taste
Salt and Pepper
1. Shred the Cabbage. Peel the pineapple, place on a plate then quarter,
core and cut into small cubes (saving the juice).
2. Core the apples and cut into cubes. Add to the pineapple cubes and toss
3. Place the shredded cabbage, pineapple, apple and walnuts in a bowl and
4. In another bowl, mix together the mayonnaise and yoghurt until well
blended then stir in the honey and orange juice to taste. Add a very little
salt and pepper then pour over the cabbage salad and mix well. Cover and
refrigerate until ready to serve.
5. To serve – give the salad another good mixing before serving.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.