Frugal Vacation- How to Have a GREAT Vacation on Limited $

Budget101 Discussion List Archives Budget Vacations & Frugal Date Ideas Frugal Vacation- How to Have a GREAT Vacation on Limited $

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
      Liss

Re: Budget101.com : Frugality on Vacations

we really havent vacationed much because it is so expensive. One dream trip we did take was 2 1/2 weeks in Great Britain. It was a bargain because my husband is from there and we stayed with family, often ate with family, as well.
      We got an amazing deal on flights…round trip from Philadelphia, which is 20 minutes from me to London Gatwick airport which is close to my sister in law.

For all 5 of us, the flights were $1451.00. My friend is head of security for the airline we took and even got us bumped up to first class on the way over. I sort of felt like the Beverly Hillbillies go to England lol.
      We had an amazing time, spent half in North Wales, and half outside of London.

Did lots of the touristy things, but also spent alot of time with family. Even went to France for one day!
      We rented a car for less than $300 for the entire time thru EasyCar. Our biggest waste of money was, no doubt, the eating out.

There was really no reason for it as often as we did. Prices are much higher over there to begin with and we had family more than willing to have us for a meal. We were completely broke when we came back and I wouldn’t do that again.

I’d be sure that are bills were paid up for a month after we got back. The stress put a damper on the whole experience.
      My husband is going back this year for just 9 days, and the trip is already much more expensive with flights and car rental. I’m sending over a limited amount of spending money because he is a TERRIBLE spender.

I’d love to get back soon and its one of the reasons I’m trying to save money.

My girls need to see their family and I just love it over there.

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Budget101 Discussion List Archives Budget Vacations & Frugal Date Ideas Frugal Vacation- How to Have a GREAT Vacation on Limited $