Holidays & Special Occasions Graduation Frugal Graduation Gift Idea

This topic contains 2 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by grammasherri May 28, 2014 at 6:30 pm.

• Author

Liss
    Keymaster

My neice just graduated from high school and I wanted to give her a neat gift
    but not spend a fortune. I got an idea from a “specialty” catalog that I receive
    in the mail – theirs was almost $60 and my version was under $15.

What I did was buy a 16×20 frame from a craft store (AC Moore) and the bought a
    mat that had an opening for a 5×7 picture. I put a picture we took of her and
    her family at graduation in that. The mat has plenty of room for her friends and
    family to write her little notes.

I was thinking that I’d have to have a mat cut
    special for it, but one of the employees helped me find a mat that was ready
    made. It actually was double matted – the first opening was for an 8×10 picture
    and then had a smaller mat for a 5×7 photo. My neice really liked it a lot too.
    I thought it was perfect for someone that age especially – but would also be
    nice for an anniversary party, retirement party, etc.

Any occasion really where
    people would have occasion to leave special thoughts or messages for someone.

Kathy

Thats such a lovely idea. Another one I’ve seen is a charm for a charm bracelet – in the shape of a diploma.

[note] Unapproved Advertising Link Removed [/note]

Cute Idea, I like it!

Awesome! I have 4 graduations to attend this year!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login Register

Holidays & Special Occasions Graduation Frugal Graduation Gift Idea