Budget101 Discussion List Archives Tips-n-Tricks Frozen bread all dried out?

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

Have you ever bought several loaves of bread, thrown a few in the freezer, and upon pulling one out found out it was all dried out (usually on one side or the other) and hard? Don’t throw away your bread! After it has completely thawed (sometimes the moisture in the bag is enough to replenish your bread), simply dampen a paper towel & place it inside the bag. Wring the excess water from the paper towel, unfold it, and lay it over the dried-out section of bread, reseal the bag (twist-ties work fine) and wait. By the next day (or later the same day), your bread will be as fresh as the day you brought it home. This saves me every time – hope it can help others out as well!

Wow nice idea surely give it a try

How awesome! We recently had an overabundance of hot dog rolls. I couldn’t stand the thought of throwing all that good bread away, so I threw all the leftovers in our chest freezer. I was hoping that I would be able to use them later. Now, after reading this post, I think I will be able to salvage them in the future! Does anyone know the “shelf life” of frozen bread though?

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Budget101 Discussion List Archives Tips-n-Tricks Frozen bread all dried out?