- August 27, 2006 at 1:11 pm #237412
Frosted Fritos Cookie Mix in a Jar
With Vanilla Frosting)
1/3 cup lightly packed brown sugar
3/4 cup sugar
3/4 cup crushed Fritos (coarsely crush first then measure)
3/4 cup flour mixed with:
1 tsp. baking powder
Vanilla Frosting Mix:
1 cup powdered sugar
1/2 cup Fritos (DON’T crush)
Layer ingredients in order given in a 1 quart “wide mouth” canning
jar. Press each layer firmly into place.
Put flour mixture into a
ziplock sandwich bag and add to jar. Put frosting mix ingredients
into a ziplock sandwich bag and label “Frosting Mix”. Add to jar.
Put “topping” Fritos into a ziplock bag and label “Topping”.
this into jar last.
Decorate jar and attach recipe.
frosted fritos cookies
1. Remove bag of Fritos and bag of frosting mix from jar and set
2. Empty jar ingredients into a large mixing bowl.
from the bag). Blend thoroughly with a whisk.
3. Add: 1/2 stick (4 tbsp) very soft butter or margarine (not diet
Mix with a spoon until well blended. Finish mixing with your
hands to form a smooth dough.
5. Shape dough into 1-1/4″ balls.
3″ apart on well sprayed baking sheets.
6. Bake at 350 for 11-13 minutes. Watch carefully.
Cool 5 minutes on baking sheet–then remove to wire racks.
8. Make frosting: Empty frosting mix into a small bowl. Add 2 TBSP
very soft butter or margarine and mix well.
Then add 1 TBSP water.
Mix until smooth. Put some frosting on each cooled cookie. Top
frosted cookies with some Fritos from the bag of topping.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.