- This topic has 1 reply, 2 voices, and was last updated September 30, 2018 at 3:23 pm by .
- September 7, 2018 at 10:00 pm #390191mos
Fries on the Grill
14-oz bag of frozen French fries
1 tbs of butter, melted
6 slices yellow American cheese
1/4 cup chives, chopped
1/2 lb bacon (or use premade bacon bits)Optional: Ketchup
In a medium bowl, toss the frozen French fries in melted butter.
Portion the French fries onto three sheets of aluminum foil. Create a “boat” around the fries with a large opening on top to allow steam to escape.
Place the French fry boats on a grill heated to medium-high. Close the lid and cook for about 10 min, or until crispy.Flip the French fries and cook for another 10 min until the other side is crisp. Set aside.
If making the bacon bits from scratch, place a cast iron skillet on the grill. Cut the bacon into small chunks and cook, stirring frequently until they’re crisp. Remove from the heat and drain out the oil.
Top each packet with two slices of cheese and a third of the bacon bits. Place the boats back on the grill and cook with the lid on for another five min, or until the cheese has thoroughly melted.Top with chives and any other optional garnishes. Serve with ketchup, mayo, or a homemade aioli.
- September 29, 2018 at 7:43 pm #465035jack07thanks this recipe, gonna try this
- September 30, 2018 at 3:23 pm #465041mos
jack07, hope you enjoy them!
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.