- November 23, 2014 at 11:25 pm #349395
French Toast Sticks
3/4 cup milk
1 tsp vanilla
1 tbs butter
4 slices bread, each cut, lengthwise, into 4 pieces
confectioners’ sugar, optional
butter and maple syrup
Melt butter in skillet.
Whisk eggs, milk and vanilla in bowl. Dip the bread in the bowl to soak.
When the butter is hot and foamy, brown the soaked bread in the skillet.
Sprinkle with a little confectioners’ sugar or a sugar and cinnamon blend and serve with butter and maple syrup. Makes 2 to 3 servings.
- November 25, 2014 at 3:00 pm #459599
- November 25, 2014 at 11:48 pm #459606
hope you try it and like it;-D It was one of DD’s favorites when she was a wee thing and now she enjoys making it for just herself as I do to enjoy while sipping coffee leisurely and reading the paper or surfing the Internet or…
- November 26, 2014 at 4:20 pm #459613
- November 29, 2014 at 12:58 am #459626
LOL! So glad you liked it! Now you have a special treat for any wee ones around or to have all to yourself;-D
- December 15, 2014 at 12:38 pm #459844
These sound great! Can’t wait to try them….
- December 16, 2014 at 12:30 am #459855
Oh! Please let us know if your family enjoyed it!
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.