- This topic has 1 reply, 2 voices, and was last updated September 15, 2017 at 12:25 am by .
- August 14, 2017 at 11:15 pm #380191mos
1 tsp sugar, optional
1 cup milk
8 to 10 slices white bread
maple syrup or other syrup
Break the eggs into a wide, shallow bowl or pie plate and beat them lightly with a fork or whisk.
Stir the sugar, salt, and milk into the beaten eggs.
Coat a skillet or griddle with a thin layer of butter, shortening, or oil. Place it over medium-low heat.
Place the bread slices, one at a time, into the bowl or plate. Let the bread soak up egg mixture for a few seconds and then carefully turn to coat the other side.
Transfer the egg-coated bread slices to the hot skillet or griddle.
Heat slowly until bottom is golden brown. Turn and brown the other side.
Serve French toast hot with butter and syrup.
Add bacon or sausage and fruit or berries for a hearty breakfast. Serves 4
- September 12, 2017 at 9:56 pm #464331Bethany222My husband has recently said that he wants french toasts, and I’ve found the recipe :-D. Thanks for sharing!
- September 15, 2017 at 12:25 am #464318mos
Let us know how your hubby likes it! The key is to not cook it too quickly;-D
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.