- This topic has 1 reply, 1 voice, and was last updated November 14, 2008 at 5:22 pm by .
- November 14, 2008 at 5:22 pm #266625
When Thanksgiving is over and all your company has gone home what do you do with all those turkey leftovers? Why not try freezing them. By freezing your turkey leftovers you will be able to enjoy fresh roasted turkey months from now when Thanksgiving and turkey leftovers are a thing of the past.
Freezing turkey leftovers is an easy and inexpensive way you can extend the life of your turkey leftovers by a few months. Turkey leftovers can be frozen up to three months with great results. Here are a few quick tips to make your freezing a success.
• Freeze turkey in portions your family will use.
• Slice, cube and chop the turkey meat for easy packaging.
• Use zipper freezer bags for ease of storage.
• Freeze turkey with stock and vegetables for making quick stew.
• Stir fry turkey with vegetables and freeze then when ready to use thaw and serve over cooked rice.
• Freeze pre-made turkey sandwiches, turkey quiche and turkey casseroles.
• Frozen turkey sandwiches can be sent in lunches for work or school.
If you only have a small amount of turkey leftover, freeze in bite size pieces. Then the next time you have leftovers you can pull out the frozen turkey leftovers and add it to casseroles or pot pie.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.