Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author

My daughter was diagnosed with ADHD and oppositional defiant disorder. She was on Trileptal, Adderall and Clonidine. I changed doctors and now she is on Ritalin and clonidine only.

I would also like to know about alternative treatments because I would like to take her off medicines. My daughter was getting increasingly worse in terms of aggression and hyperactivity but now is also extremely picky and I will fix her six meals a night if she eats only a little from each one because she is such a poor eater. How old are your kids?

My daughter is 4 years old.

lisa griffeth wrote: My son is getting married this Fall to a wonderful girl…she isbringing 2 children into the marriage (our first grandchildren). The little girl 5is quite “busy” and unfocused but not diagnosed ADHD. The 10 year old little boy has been diagnosed adhd and is on medication.

i do not know the name of the meds but could find out. both children are thin(genetics) and very picky eaters (choice)- the medicationthat the boy is on has caused him to lose his desire to eat and he’s getting too thin- he looks like healmost has an eating disorder (which i guess he does in a way). my question is to those of you with adhd friends/children in your homes- does anyone have information on “trigger” foods that seem to set off your children?

i know sugar and food coloring are typically linked toadhd, but are there other
      things we should watch out for? his mother and i are hoping to try to managehis adhd (and his sister’s ) by changing his diet and getting him off the medication so he has an appetite again. any opinions, suggestions or even guesses are much appreciated!

thanks! lisa g.

Never miss a thing. Make Yahoo your homepage.

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.