Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author

try this site. it talks about ADHD and ADD

http://www.shirleys-wellness-cafe.com

Quote:
      Original Message
      To: Budget101_@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Thursday, March 13, 2008 9:56 PM
      Subject: Re: Budget101.com : ADHD question- diet related treatments?

My son has ADHD and we feed him only natural foods (if you can pick it off a plant) and unprocessed meats, unprocessed flour…pretty much that means no prepackaged ANYTHING!

Also, getting DAILY exercise for a MINIMUM of 1 hour…and especially if it’s outdoors, it’s worked wonders for Dylan.

There are also books out there that show you how to deal with ADHD behaviors, as the standard punishments and disciplines rarely work on them.

Google the Feingold diet if you really want to get serious. I’ve heard nothing but awesome things about it.

~Amy

Original Message —-
      To: Budget101_@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Thursday, March 13, 2008 8:07:13 PM
      Subject: Budget101.com : ADHD question- diet related treatments?

My son is getting married this Fall to a wonderful girl…she isbringing 2 children into the marriage (our first grandchildren) .

The little girl 5is quite “busy” and unfocused but not diagnosed ADHD. The 10 year old little boy has been diagnosed ADHD and is on medication. I do not know the name of the meds but could find out. Both children are thin(genetics) and very picky eaters (choice)- the medicationthat the boy is on has caused him to lose his desire to eat and he’s getting too thin- he looks like healmost has an eating disorder (which I guess he does in a way).

My question is to those of you with ADHD friends/children in your homes- does anyone have information on “trigger” foods that seem to set off your children? I know sugar and food coloring are typically linked toADHD, but are there other things we should watch out for? His mother and I are hoping to try to managehis ADHD (and his sister’s ) by changing his diet and getting him off the medication so he has an appetite again.

Any opinions, suggestions or even guesses are much appreciated!

Thanks!
      Lisa G.

No virus found in this incoming message.
      Checked by AVG.
      Version: 7.5.518 / Virus Database: 269.21.7/1325 – Release Date: 3/11/2008 1:41 PM

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.