Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author

Yes it can be bipolar (Ihave 2 of them) but it can alos be other things. The Adderall may be activating here and you may have to try another ADHD med. Andif it is bipolar stimulants can make things worse. I would take to a mental health profesional that works with kids. It make take a while to find one who will listen to you.

Sue

Quote:
      Original Message
      To: Budget101_@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Saturday, March 15, 2008 5:06 PM
      Subject: Re: Budget101.com : ADHD question- diet related treatments?

I actually never heard of it before the dr told me and no I don’t have any others, just her. She is very sensitive to loud noises and is very intelligent actually much smarter than other kids her age. Since age two she has been able to work a dvd, vcr, computer and tv. She understands complicated concepts and when she is having a good day is a joy. Her drastic mood swings and behaviors are getting worse and that is why I sought professional help for her and she began treatment with Clonidine and Adderall at age 3. We cannot keep a sitter because about the second time when she is comfortable she begins to act out.She loses friends her age because she gets aggressive after a short peroid of time and even though she is smaller she is very strong for her size and age. One time we had a friend watch her while I took my husband to the dr. for his Emphyseuma and in our short absense she nearly knocked out a 75 year old man! She wanted him to go buy her a candy bar now and when he did not she argued and he leaned over to pick her up and she head bunted him and almost knocked him out! Once the fit was over she seemed to not remember it. Does it sound like bi-polar?

mem68 wrote:

What is oppositional diefiant disorder? Do you have other children? Have you tried different diets? Is she jealous of you being around others?How old was she when diagnosed?Does any other members of the family have thios diagnoses? Prayers go w/ you.

Quote:
      Original Message
      To: Budget101_@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Thursday, March 13, 2008 9:02 PM
      Subject: Re: Budget101.com : ADHD question- diet related treatments?

My daughter was diagnosed with ADHD and oppositional defiant disorder. She was on Trileptal, Adderall and Clonidine. I changed doctors and now she is on Ritalin and clonidine only. I would also like to know

Never miss a thing. Make Yahoo your homepage.

No virus found in this incoming message.
      Checked by AVG.
      Version: 7.5.519 / Virus Database: 269.21.7/1329 – Release Date: 3/14/2008 12:33 PM

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.