Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author

Sugar, dyes, artificial flavors, preservatives, msg. high frutose corn syrup. In other words stick to as natural diet as posible.

I have 3 kids with problems – mood disorders, anxiety disorders, adhd and autism. I try to keep the diet as natural as pos and have seen a difference. Some people even go gluten free.

That I haven’t been able to do. For the 10 yr old. maybe try a dif med.

My son was on one med he lost so much weight we went to another and his eating got a whole lot better. Keep in mind that often times kids with ADHD don’t have just adhd there are things that go along with it. So the picky eating might be a sensory thing (with my little man, if it dosen’t pass the sniff test, it won’t get eaten), with time it does get better.

They also say kids with adhd esp boys need the omega vits. The omega 3-6-9 or the DHA. My kids will only take the Nordic Naturals because they can swallow them, but boy are they expensive.

Hope this helps.

Sue

Quote:
      Original Message
      To: Budget101_@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Thursday, March 13, 2008 7:07 PM
      Subject: Budget101.com : adhd question- diet related treatments?

).

my question is to those of you with adhd friends/children in your homes- does anyone have information on “trigger” foods that seem to set off your children? i know sugar and food coloring are typically linked toadhd, but are there other things we should watch out for? his mother and i are hoping to try to managehis adhd (and his sister’s ) by changing his diet and getting him off the medication so he has an appetite again.

any opinions, suggestions or even guesses are much appreciated!

thanks!
      lisa g.

No virus found in this incoming message.
      Checked by AVG.
      Version: 7.5.519 / Virus Database: 269.21.7/1327 – Release Date: 3/12/2008 1:27 PM

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.