- July 13, 2012 at 12:24 am #307589
6 medium Idaho potatoes-peeled and cubed
s & p
3-4 tbsp finely grated onion-depending on taste
1/4 cup flour-plus more for rolling
1 large egg
1. Cook the potatoes in a large pot of salted boiling water until tender. Drain the potatoes well and pass them through a rices into a large bowl. Add the grated onion, flour, egg, and s & p. Mix well.
2. On a floured surface, roll the potato ix into 1 inch thick logs and cut into tots.
**At this point tots can be flash frozen for use later. After flash frozen, place in good quality freezer bags. Label and freeze.
3. Heat oil to 350 in deep fryer or heavy bottomed pan. Fry the tots in small batches until golden and crisp. Remove and drain on paper towels. Season the cooked tots with extra salt.
Place tots in a single layer on a prepared baking sheet. Bake at 425 until golden and crispy. (This is my preferred method. I usually line my pan with either foil or parchment paper, then spray with non stick spray. After the tots are arranged on my pan, I lightly mist the tots with the non stick spray also; then bake.)
- July 13, 2012 at 1:50 pm #432233
That’s a very good recipe. Thank you for sharing.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.