Stuff I’d Like to See General Freezer Cooking/OAMC/Bulk Cooking Section

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • Author

Maybe I’ve over looked it, but I was wondering if there is a freezer cooking section on here. If not, would it be beyond the realm of possibilities to maybe create one?

Personally, I don’t do the OAMC thing, but I do bulk cook some things and love to be able to try new freezer recipes. I also like to have favorite ones on hand for busy days.

2lbkos0 smilie

@MrsPaws 219080 wrote:

Maybe I’ve over looked it, but I was wondering if there is a freezer cooking section on here.

well, i did find some freezer cooking recipes under “recipes”, but is there a specific section somewhere in the forum area for freezer cooking?

Not currently. I once created a section for it, but it was utilized so little that I dissolved it into General Recipes. You can convert almost all of your favorite recipes into OAMC recipes because Most recipes freeze well, save for a few items:

# Cooked Potatoes, they get mealy textured- some ppl say Mashed potatoes freeze well though – I have had Good luck with Twice baked potatoes freezing fine, so this is a matter of personal taste
      # Fresh vegetables, that you want to use later as ‘fresh’- they take on a different texture, which makes them good for use in soups, casseroles, etc, but not for munching in say, salad
      # Soups or stews made with cornstarch- cornstarch only thickens once, and it becomes watery and gloopy when frozen
      # Quick cooking rice
      # Mayonnaise based meals, as the mayo will separate as it freezes and thaws, making it watery and slimy feeling

Are you looking for any particular type of recipes? Appetizers, main dish, side dish, etc?

As bizarre as this is gonna sound, freezer cooking is somewhat of a hobby of mine. I don’t do the oamc thing, but i do like to have have some on hand for “those” kind of days.
      i also ‘bulk’ cook several items for convenience.
      i absolutely love to see and try new freezer recipes…hence the reason i was looking. plus, if anyone likes them as i do, i may have a few…

thanks for pointing me in the “general recipes ” direction. 🙂

There is just 2 of us at home. To save money, I cook double recipes of certain casseroles, then freeze in individual servings. We own our own business, and the freezer there is filled with individual servings for lunches.

DH’s favorite is spaghetti and meatballs. I cook 3 different shapes of spaghetti – bowties, fettucini (break in 1/3rds), and penne. Lots of sauce and homemade meatballs.

I too would be interested in freezer friendly meals. With cub scouts and frg and more going on I’d love to have a couple meals that hubby can just throw in the crockpot and call it a day.

Keymaster

thanks liss for the link!

I wouldn’t mind some freezer recipes either… I have 2 teenage girls, 17 and 13 and even though they are girls, they can eat like boys lol and i haven’t even mentioned my hubs… he’s a bottomless pit..

omg!!! so ya, freezer recipes come in handy. I haven’t tried oamc stuff though..

Liss: Where would I find this section on the forum so that I could post to it? I can’t seem to find it. Thanks; Virginia

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Stuff I’d Like to See General Freezer Cooking/OAMC/Bulk Cooking Section