Budget101 Discussion List Archives Budget101 Discussion List Freegan – as seen on Oprah

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author

I have read a lot of these posts and I have an idea. Everyone wants to know if this is Freegan is a real lifestyle or not and some of you are so hot on the topic that it is so I got a great idea to settle the debate. In fact, you can answer the question yourself by answering one question! This is only for those who agree with Freegans, ok? If you agree with this “lifestyle” then tell all these human “rats” that they are welcome to go through your garbage as they see fit and sleep in your houses, buildings, cars, etc that you are not using right now. Be sure and drop them off on your way to where you are going (since they live on the street they probably smell ripe so why not let them use your shower?) When they get hurt on your property make sure your home owners insurance covers all their medical bills or they may own your home. Make sure your dog is chained up or if they get bit they can sue you. Oh, if you have children are they inside with you ? While
      most people are honorable are you willing to take the chance one of these “freegans” are not sexual preditiors, drug addicts or murders? Since you agree and feel they need a “haven” the rest of us will send all these “freegans” to you and you can have your own little “ghetto”. I myself struggled to get out of the poor section of town because of the bad living conditions and don’t want it to follow me here in the form of these free loaders.

Tressa Watts wrote: wow….I cannot understand how it is stealing if you throw it
      away? why not recycle things that somebody else does not use…??I I think that is so wrong he was charged with criminal theft. I cannot believe anybody would actually press charges. “Sorry officer but I wanted this to be burned or sit in a landfill insead of being reused by somebody, so arrest this horrible criminal.”

To: Budget101_@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Tue, 11 Mar 2008 11:00:55 -0700
      Subject: Re: Budget101.com : Freegan – as seen on Oprah

Absolutely it’s stealing. Also, if they get injured on the property, or in the dumpster, even though they are not there by invitation, they have the option of suing the property owner. KarenP

Pj wrote:

Interesting that you brought that up. Personally, I’ve never thought of it as stealing, because someone put it in the dumpster. However, the police thought differently when he saw my adult sontake some wood scrapsfrom a dumpster (he was making a project with his little brothers). He was charged with criminal theft!

Climb to the top of the charts!Play the word scramble challenge with star power. Play now!

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Budget101 Discussion List Archives Budget101 Discussion List Freegan – as seen on Oprah