- This topic has 6 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated May 20, 2009 at 4:53 pm by .
- May 4, 2009 at 6:19 pm #273070
I have always been cautious about “free” magazine subscriptions, just because I know that my own subscriptions sometimes try to get me to pay more often than I need to and re-order it for another year without my authorizations… so I finally decided to go for a free Woman’s Day subscription since so many of you have said on here that you get all your mags for free. So i have been reading it for about 2 weeks now, they’ve already sent me 3!
So my question is, what do I do when they send me a bill at the end, trying to get me to pay? Do I need to call or send it back unopened with “cancel” written on it, or what? Thanks.
And I thought this might be a good place to list any of the free magazines you all may be subscribed to already, just for fun. I also signed up for the 2 free Redbook magazines, where I’ve already gotten one so far.
- May 5, 2009 at 2:50 pm #420952
I just write CANCEL on the bill and mail it back. Have not had any issues using this method. They may send 1 more bill, but that is it.
- May 5, 2009 at 2:56 pm #420953
Thanks! I wasn’t sure what would happen. Do you put new postage on it?
- May 5, 2009 at 5:41 pm #420964Quote:and i thought this might be a good place to list any of the free magazines you all may be subscribed to already, just for fun.
martha stewart living
guns and gardens
i think there are some more but i can’t recall off the top of my head 🙂
- May 5, 2009 at 6:58 pm #420967
I get tons of free subscriptions with no strings attached. O, Taste of Home, Remedy, Ladies’ Home Journal, TV Guide, Good Housekeeping…. there are more but I can’t think of them right now.
I don’t get billed for them. I only sign up for totally free ones.
- May 5, 2009 at 8:36 pm #420975
I have gotten some renewal information in the mail but I just throw that away 🙂
- May 6, 2009 at 8:16 pm #421050
Where do you ladies find the free subscriptions? I used to do Adperk but that site doesn’t appear to be functional any longer…
- May 20, 2009 at 4:53 pm #421730
I think it is FreeBizMag but I usually get mine here when someone posts a link to free subscriptions. Like today someone added one for FHM women. They also send me email updates now to sign up for new ones.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.