- December 31, 2007 at 8:47 pm #244206
You remain solely responsible for the content of your messages. You cannot represent anyone other than yourself.
1. Use Prime Time Language– Our site is Family Friendly, Foul & inappropriate (aka nasty) language is removed as soon as we find it, and folks who post bad language can be banned from the site. If you run across them first, report it asap to the web address above and it will be investigated asap.guideline to remember, If it would be bleeped on Prime Time local tv, (not cable) then, don’t say it; if it wouldn’t be bleeped out, then please don’t report it.
2. No threatening, abusive or harassing comments. Be kind to others.
Please don’t forget that you are talking to living feeling human beings on these boards! The internet can be dehumanizing and you may be tempted to say things on the board that you would never say to someone’s face.3. No slanderous or libelous posts – Knowingly making false claims about a company, organization or an individual are prohibited.
4. While we encourage lively debate, we will not tolerate personal attacks. Any person attacking another visitor will receive a warning and have their message removed. Any future incident thereafter will result in that member being removed from the forum.
Harassing, offensive, vulgar, abusive, hateful or bashing communications – including those aimed at sexual orientation, gender, race, religion, national origin, or disability will absolutely not be tolerated.5. Do not engage in “flame-wars” or excessive exchange of confrontational postings. Debate is important, but users should not try to “pick a fight.”
We consider these posters as TROLLS & they are treated as such. To that end, posters who are overly negative and/or who actively seek to cause trouble will be given considerably less leeway when it comes to these rules.
6. No advertising or product marketing – No commercial ads allowed.
An advertisement is categorized as an outright attempt to solicit business. Any such posts may be removed, the user will be banned.7. Linking – Links to personal or business webpages is not permitted in the forums or blogs, except in your user profile. Links to competitor sites that offer similar content are not permitted.
Links to external sites is not permitted in signature lines at all, unless prepaid.
- referral posts are permitted only in the referrals forum.
if you’re attempting to share a recipe, please put the recipe in your own words. while budget101.com has been online for nearly 15 years, many sites come and go, linking often results in broken links/missing data that we have no control over. To avoid this issue and to also prevent both sites from being penalized by search engines for link farming practices, linking is not permitted.
8. No spamming – Do not post the same message repeatedly9. Keep all religious/political comments/posts in the gloves are off anything goes forum.
10. You participate at your own risk on this message board. You take responsibility for postings under your username and use the information provided here at your own risk.
11. Your ip address is logged when you use the message board. if your messages are deemed harmful, your account, e-mail address, and ip address can be banned from entering the site again.we reserve the right to delete any message for any or no reason whatsoever. we reserve the right to remove your access to the forum or disable your posting ability for any or no reason whatsoever.
- July 8, 2008 at 12:16 pm #397474
Welcome to the Boards Needlepoint, if at any time you have issues on these boards, I can assure you our Mod’s will respond!
- September 1, 2008 at 8:57 pm #398178
Have a question I wanted to ask before posting the info….I have a book that has some really great recipes for flavored oils, seasoning, all kinds of edible and non-edible goodies that I think a lot of people would be interested in. Is it Ok for me to put this recipes on the boards? Thanks.
- October 3, 2008 at 8:32 pm #399395Thanks for the rules! It really makes this forum a fun and safe place to hang out! I really appreciate how kind everyone is!
- November 15, 2008 at 7:39 pm #403644
Why do my posts have to be moderated?
- November 16, 2008 at 9:07 am #397481FreebieQueenModerator
@Janice Terrell 91418 wrote:
Why do my posts have to be moderated?
All new members are moderated for a few posts for spam prevention:
- December 30, 2008 at 6:57 am #407399KawaiiGiggleParticipant
oh my goodness! i was on another forum, similar to this one, and all of the people were so harsh! if there was a copy post, like someone reposted a freebie, so many names were called!i couldn’t believe it! all of the screen names were like “mommyof5” “mamaof2” “momx2”.. granted i know most people do let certain words slip, but it seemed like every other word something that their moms would blush about..
goodness.. some people! i’m telling you..
- December 30, 2008 at 11:20 am #407416Quote:]oh my goodness! i was on another forum, similar to this one, and all of the people were so harsh! if there was a copy post, like someone reposted a freebie
i’ve been on this site for awhile–and no one has ever posted a harsh come back.. we seem like long lost friends, that have gotten back together.. this really means alot to me, having good people here to share with..i really enjoy coming here daily when i can.
have a wonderful day
joann in n ohio
- January 1, 2009 at 2:03 pm #407634
I agree with you 100% JoAnn!! It really seems like we are a big family here!!!
- January 1, 2009 at 6:31 pm #407666I agree! That’s what is wonderful about this site. People are friendly and polite!
- January 4, 2009 at 11:17 am #408029
I agree! I have only been on for a few days but everyone really seems to be very friendly.
Thank you to everyone.Linda
- January 15, 2009 at 9:03 pm #406183
I agree with JoAnn & Lynn. This site ois so friendly, I enjoy coming here.
- January 16, 2009 at 11:38 am #410180
This is really a helpful post, explaining the issue to the T. Thanks again for explaining.
- January 16, 2009 at 1:14 pm #410188KawaiiGiggleParticipantI think that’s why I love this forum so much! Everyone is so nice and kind. Always willing to lend a helping hand.
- April 27, 2009 at 2:25 am #404237
this looks like a good place to share
- June 9, 2009 at 3:07 am #422500
rules are easy enough to fallow ty
- August 2, 2009 at 5:14 pm #423986The Big Family is a very appealing part that I like to hear. It sounds like this site will be rewarding in the fact that the forum is not a battlegournd. Think I will pull up a chair and stay awhile.
- October 29, 2009 at 7:03 pm #425960
@Budget101 9541 wrote:
I m sure many of you are like me and one of the first things you do in the morning is head here and check out the new post. Along with seeing the new posts, I’m also always checking out the blog roll rss feed and watching them grow, or shrink sometimes. In one of my past …but all in all excellent site. Keep it up!
7. Linking – Links to personal or business webpages is not permitted in the forums or blogs, except in your user profile. Links to competitor sites that offer similar content are not permitted.Links to external sites is not permitted in signature lines at all, unless prepaid.
- referral posts are permitted only in the referrals forum.
the posting of copyrighted, trademarked, or otherwise protected material is strictly prohibited. if you are going to post an article from a copyrighted online source, please limit it to just a few lines, followed by a link to the source.
8. No spamming – Do not post the same message repeatedly
[note] Bemusingly, Advertisement Spam Removed [/note]
- May 25, 2012 at 8:55 pm #431947happy0349Participant
Forum & Blog Rules listed are reasonable. No one can say that user’s have not been warned. Thank you
- October 26, 2012 at 9:17 pm #434198It is nice to know that these rules are in place. So many sites do not have any rules and then people get hurt. If we all learn to support one another, we will all be more successful.
- October 27, 2012 at 6:28 pm #434243
- October 31, 2012 at 1:50 am #434339
- October 31, 2012 at 3:27 am #434348
I’ve never been treated rudely here. Not once. I’ve never seen a rude remark to anyone on here either.
That just doesn’t happen. This is a great site. Thanks.
- December 6, 2012 at 7:03 am #435381Thanks for this information! Glad to be on a site with these rules! Don’t care for vulgarity or ugliness so nice to know it’s not tolerated here!
- January 18, 2013 at 5:45 pm #436505
Please give more info on what you can and cannot do with the blogs…
- January 18, 2013 at 7:27 pm #436509
- March 14, 2013 at 7:02 pm #437874Good basic info and should be used without needing to be told. Glad to see it part of the program.
- May 29, 2013 at 3:52 pm #439875
I really appreciate the rules. It’s sad that there is so much disrespect today and rules are necessary. But they are and I’m thankful for them.
- October 29, 2013 at 9:47 am #444817Thank you! This sounds like a fun and interesting site.
- December 30, 2013 at 8:12 pm #447003
I agree with Mrs. Birdie. It is sad that we have to have rules due to so much disrespect. I am looking forward to being part of this site!
- December 31, 2013 at 1:19 pm #447124
Thank you for the info. This sounds like a great place to hang out in. It is to bad that respect and common sense is missing or gone entirely.Thank you again
- December 31, 2013 at 2:27 pm #447162
I am new here and that is comforting to know people have to be civil… A lot of other sites are not as friendly and I do not do bickering very well…
- December 31, 2013 at 4:05 pm #447232
This is my first venture onto a forum. Thank you for making it user friendly.
- January 1, 2014 at 8:26 pm #447553I like the way you have this set up and explained.
- January 3, 2014 at 3:59 am #447703
It says no advertising ads… does this mean not sharing an ad from a commercial store?
- July 20, 2014 at 11:17 pm #456398
Sound s like this is a “dramma free” place. Thank goodness. If i want drama all I need do is turn on the television!Lol
- July 23, 2014 at 12:39 pm #456520
Thanks for the forums rules. It is necessary know of the users…
- July 27, 2014 at 7:15 pm #456798
Hi, I’m new to blogs and forums, but i’m very interested in learning as much as possible. So far everything has been explained very well and easy to understand. Thank you so much.I can’t wait to become a part of this.
- August 12, 2014 at 9:56 pm #457654
I’m happy that this is a place I can share ideas and information with people, safe from ridicule and abuse.
- August 13, 2014 at 5:39 pm #457688
This is the first site I’ve ever posted too. I really appreciate the rules and the walk thru on how to do! This makes for a fun and safe place to hang out!Thank you!1
- August 26, 2014 at 3:27 am #458119
Good place to discuss and share something more with all!
- August 27, 2014 at 3:29 pm #458197
So glad to have found a site like this with active moderators! Thank you!
- August 27, 2014 at 6:47 pm #458200ok I understand 🙂 happy to be here
- November 29, 2014 at 7:21 pm #459633
I am glad that you have all the rules set in place & are actually watching what is going on! Thanks for providing a safe place for everyone to enjoy your site 🙂
- December 10, 2014 at 11:36 pm #459769
Rules seem to be pretty straight forward. Thanks.
- December 29, 2014 at 7:44 pm #460007Thank you, establishing rules is very important and am happy to see they are fair for everyone. I am new to this site as a member and think I will feel comfortable posting on here if I find it necessary.
- August 19, 2015 at 12:24 am #461991
I agree. Thank You. I am trying to navigate around.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.