• Author
      mos

Foil Packet Chicken

4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
      1/2 cup barbecue sauce
      10-oz pkg frozen corn
      1/2 cup chopped green peppers

1. Heat grill to medium-high heat.
      2. Place 1 chicken breast on each of 4 large sheets heavy-duty foil.  Top with remaining ingredients.
      3. Fold to make 4 packets.
      4. Grill 12 to 15 min or until chicken is done (165°). Cut slits in foil to release steam before opening packets.  Serves 4
      albenpure

I know foil packet chicken is the perfect camping meal.

This foil packet chicken recipe is quick and easy to prepare in camp or at home with a minimal number of ingredients, and it’s a great method for cooking just about any kind of meat, from steak to seafood.

The foil crimps help hold in all the juices while ensuring that the food cooks thoroughly.

Foil packet chicken can be prepared with vegetables or other ingredients so you can have a complete foil pack dinner when you go camping.

You’ll need: – 1 tablespoon of butter (or margarine) – Salt and pepper to taste – 2 large boneless, skinless chicken breasts (about 1 1/2 pounds) – 1 package foil (1 foil pack)

I used to use heavy foil and dig a hole in the coals and bury my foil packet.

Don’t do that! The foil won’t hold up very long because it’s designed for short term use only.

Just wrap your foil packet around a rock or other heat safe object, but remember to remove the foil before you eat it otherwise it will be quite chewy.

Heat one tablespoon of butter on low heat in a sauté pan until melted. Add salt and pepper to taste. Place chicken breasts into heated butter mixture with seasoned side down, then flip over with tongs or fork so the other side is now seasoned.

Slice your foil pack in half. Fold each foil packet then place foil packets around the heated rock or other heat safe object that you placed near the fire.

Remove foil when chicken is cooked thoroughly (about 30 minutes). If foil cooks too fast, simply move foil to a cooler area of the campfire. Remember to remove foil before eating!

Foil packet chicken recipe variations:

– Add 1 chopped onion and/or salt, pepper, ginger or garlic powder to taste along with butter. You can also add sliced bell peppers and mushrooms if desired
      – Season fish fillets with salt and pepper before wrapping them in foil packets. Cook for about 20 minutes until flaky
      – Replace seasoned butter mixture with Italian dressing instead to cook foil packet chicken that tastes like Italian Chicken
      – You can cut meat into cubes and wrap foil packets around them to make kabobs

I hope you try foil packet chicken next time you go camping

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.