Foil-Pack Chicken & Artichoke Dinner

Budget Menu & Dirt Cheap Recipes General Recipes Foil-Pack Chicken & Artichoke Dinner

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

I love creating three different types of ways to prepare meals! Casseroles (or one-pot meals) because you can incorporate so many different types of ingredients; crockpot meals because I can dump most ingredients and not have to do anything until ready for dinner; and foil-pack meals that are good for camping, grilling, or the oven and no clean-up! Basically, I’m lazy…not about cooking…about cleaning up! LOL! I just can’t get the dog and cats to do the dishes! Hope that you try and enjoy the latest…
      Foil-Pack Chicken & Artichoke Dinner
      3 cups instant white rice, uncooked (normally, I don’t use instant rice but keep it on hand for camping trips and will use it occasionally for recipes like this. If you don’t want to use instant rice, prepare enough rice to serve 6 and set aside).
      3 cups warm water (eliminate this if making regular rice)
      6 small boneless skinless chicken breasts
      13-3/4 oz can artichoke hearts, drained, quartered
      2 tomatoes, chopped
      1/2 cup zesty Italian dressing
      1/4 cup pesto
      Heat oven to 400°F.
      Mix rice and water. Spoon onto centers of 6 large sheets heavy-duty foil (if using cooked rice, portion out the six servings onto the foil). Top with chicken, artichokes and tomatoes. Drizzle with combined dressing and pesto.
      Bring up foil sides. Double fold top and both ends to seal each packet, leaving room for heat circulation inside. Place in 15x10x1-inch pan.
      Bake 30 to 35 min. or until chicken is done (165°F). Remove packets from oven. Let stand 5 min. Cut slits in foil to release steam before opening.
      deadhorse  smilie

momkids smilie MMMMM!@ Yes Please!! That sounds divine, I will definitely add this to our next camping menu.. actually I’m not sure it’ll wait quite that long, I may have to add it to our dinner plan later this week! Thanks for sharing, the only change I may make is to add a bit of shredded parmesan and romano to the top…

Oh, Liss…why stop with topping it with Parmesan and romano?! If you are going to top it with cheese, I’d toss in a bit of Asiago for good measure! LOL!
      Seriously, that’s a great idea and you know me — I’m always telling members to add or adjust ingredients to suit their families’ preferences and to make the recipe their own…I will never tell;-D

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Budget Menu & Dirt Cheap Recipes General Recipes Foil-Pack Chicken & Artichoke Dinner